Joining OYC is really easy! If you're ready now, you can just print a copy of the files (Membership Forms Link). Or you can come by Club office (open Tues-Sat 9-6 / Sunday 9-5) for a copy. The office staff will be glad to help or give you a tour.
Two current regular members must co-sign applications, and the staff will help with that, if you don't already know someone. Your application gets posted for 20 days and then brought to a vote at the next meeting of the Board of Directors. That's it!
Regular membership rates are as follows: initiation fee is $500, payable with the application, and the dues are $116 per month. There is a quarterly galley minimum of $75.
During your application process, the Club's General Manager/Harbor Master will help you to plan on bringing your boat into our harbor, if applicable.
We hope to see your application soon!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are several different membership categories:
- Regular. Described above. When you become a member you will receive a copy of the by-laws for details on member's rights and privileges.
- Corinthian (ages 18-30, crewing on a regular member's boat);
- Honorary (by election by the Board of Directors; not applicable to present or past regular members);
- Life (Elected by the Board of Directors from the Regular membership);
- Non-Resident (must have been a regular member for at least one year - principle residence and boat are outside 100 mile radius);
- Grand Mariner (Has been a regular member in good standing for 20 or more years);
- Junior (Under 21 years of age);
- Racing (special race only, under 35 years of age, and maximum period of two years).
- Military (Anyone who is member of the United States Armed Forces on active service).
- Cruising Members (must be a member in good standing for one year; must intend to travel no less than 250 miles from the bay on their boat; will be gone for a minimum of 6 months).