Ahoy and thank you for your interest in cruising to Oakland Yacht Club - we have a wonderful guest dock available for cruisers! Kindly email our Port Captain, Tom West, firstname.lastname@example.org, or our Assistant Harbormaster (dJones@oaklandyachtclub.com) if you’d like to reserve a cruise-in date.
Oakland Yacht Club is a member of the Pacific Inter Club Yacht Association (PICYA); we extend the courtesy of waiving the second night’s dock fee to our PICYA shipmates. If your yacht club or boating association has provided a burgee to OYC, we will display it in our bar area during your cruise-in.
OYC is a casual and friendly club, so relax and enjoy your time with us!
Office hours of Operation
Tuesday through Saturday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and we’re closed Mondays.
Galley and bar service
OYC serves Wednesday lunches and dinners during racing season; dinners on Friday & Saturday evenings, and Sunday breakfast. The bar service begins ahead of the meal services generally. Check with the calendar for specific bar service information.
30 amp 125 V power connections and potable water at each berth.
Pets are welcome on the docks and grounds but not in the club house. Pet owners are expected to have direct pet control and clean up after their animals.
Burgees and sign-in
Cruisers please display your club burgee on your boat and sign our guest log upstairs at the entrance to our dining room and bar.
Gate keys and deposits
There will be a deposit for gate keys which will allow access to our docks and heads 24/7.
There is ample free parking for land cruisers and a motel next door to OYC for land cruisers who may want to spend the night (Marina Village Inn, 1151 Pacific Marina, Alameda, CA 94501, (510) 523-9450, (800) 345-0304).
OYC is located on the Alameda (south) side of the Oakland/Alameda Estuary, adjacent to Marina Village on our western border, and Encinal Yacht Club and Fortman Marina to the east. Our guest dock is located on the west side of Dock 2. (Lat Long (37.783508, -122.263056) GPS Coordinates (37° 47' 0.6288'' N 122° 15' 47.0016'' W)
Join us at our upstairs bar and galley for a scenic view of our harbor, the estuary, the Oakland skyline and the Oakland hills.
OYC accepts cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Chandleries Svendsen's and West Marine are nearby, as are the boat yards of Grand Marina and Svendsen’s.
- Fuel dock: about a mile in from the west estuary entrance,located in Jack London Square on your port side as you enter the estuary.
- Pump outs: free pump outs are available at the Jack London Square fuel dock, at Grand Marina and Marina Village.
Marina Village Shopping center is walking distance to OYC, with a Lucky's grocery, drug store, fast food restaurants and other retail shops. Some boat dealers are also there.
Once again, thank you for your interest in Oakland Yacht Club as a cruising destination, and we look forward to hosting you and your fleet. Please feel free to contact us to reserve your fleet cruise-in date.
- ATM and banks (BofA, Chase, Wells Fargo) at Marina Village shopping center
- BBQs are available at the club but not allowed on the docks please.
- Bank... B of A, Chase & Wells Fargo at the local shopping center
- Boat Yards…Grand Marina and Svendsen’s, 10-15 minutes east of OYC on the estuary
- Chandleries - Svendsen's, 510-521-8454, and West Marine, 510-521-4865, within moderate walking distance
- Charcoal Grill…not available
- Guest dock is located on the west side of Dock 2
- Heads... available 24-7 with gate key
- Club office: 510-522-6868.
- Ice… available from our ice machine. Ask for the combination when you check in.
- Keys… for the gates and heads available on a deposit basis when you check in
- Laundromat...about a mile away at Sherman and Lincoln
- Transportation...Bus service (nearby) click http://www2.actransit.org/main.wu AC Transit continually changes its service and routes, so plesae check the link; taxi service...internet search 'taxi service in Alameda, Ca' for listings
- WiFi available. Please inquire at the club office during check in.